The Atlas Economic Research Foundation invites you to participate in its Sound Money Essay Contest, which has a deadline of January 15, 2011.
The contest is open to students, young faculty, and policy writers who are interested in the cause of sound money. It aims to engage you in thinking about sound money principles with relevance to today’s economic challenges.
The overall winner will receive a cash prize of $2,000. Two additional prizes of $1,000 each will be given to outstanding essays written by junior faculty, graduate students, or policy writers. Also, two additional prizes of $1,000 each will be given to foreign-based students, junior faculty, or policy writers. Two additional prizes of $500 each will be given to outstanding essays written by undergraduate students.
Essay topics include:
· Sound Money and Stability: How Do Monetary Distortions Create Economic Imbalances?
· Monetary Policy and the Rule of Law: What Are the Links Between Sound Money and the Rule of Law?
· A New Monetary Regime and the Future of Fiat Money: Can Improved Monetary Policies Prevent Future Crises?
· The Future of Monetary Nationalism: Are Competing National Currencies and Independent Monetary Policies Compatible with a Globalized Economy?
· Effective Strategies on How to Restore Limited Government Through Sound Money
To be eligible, you must be 35 years old or younger, a junior faculty member or a student of a fully-accredited university, or a policy writer connected to a think tank or a policy institute.
Email your completed essay as a Word document attachment to SoundMoneyProject@AtlasNetwork.org on or before January 15, 2011.
In your email, you must include your name, mailing address, and the think tank, university or school that you wish to list as affiliation.
For more information about the contest, please visit www.soundmoneyproject.org. If you have any questions about the contest or feedback about our larger work on Sound Money, please contact Priscilla Tacujan at SoundMoneyProject@AtlasNetwork.org.
Alejandro Chafuen, Ph.D.